Sinful Sunday

Everyday Blessings – #SinfulSunday

posted by LSB May 30, 2020 9 Comments

“As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness — just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder

I went looking for a quote for sunshine as I particularly like the light in this image and I came across the one above. It feels so relevant to life right now that I just felt it would be perfect to accompany my image this week.

I think all this shit has made me appreciate everyday blessings more.

an image titled everyday blessings

Sinful Sunday

You may also like

9 Comments

fridayam May 30, 2020 at 7:11 pm

The author of “Little House on the Prairie” has rightly been getting better critical attention, and the quote illustrates that she was an author of some feeling. And of course your photo made it all the better 😉

Molly May 30, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I know this has really made me think about what is important and what I want. When this is over I am going to make that my reality
Molly

Alethea Hunt May 31, 2020 at 1:15 am

I think a lot of people are sharing your vibe at the moment. It’s like the story of the daughter who removed the salt from the kings meals to show it was more precious than gold or silver…there are things we would normally never notice that we now realize are invaluable.

Michael June 1, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Life is hard and shows no signs of getting any easier any time soon. Thank you for this beautiful distraction

Bee June 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm

I’m really appreciating taking a step back and enjoying life And home a bit more.

Julie June 1, 2020 at 5:56 pm

I know I am enjoying everyday things more too and being glad I have them to enjoy. A lovely image LSB xx

Jaime June 2, 2020 at 2:02 am

Sometimes I try to write intelligent-seeming comments.

Today, all I got is … Yummy! What a lovely image!

DeviantSuccubus June 2, 2020 at 9:49 am

A lovely picture, you are right, the sunlight looks great, even in black and white! Awesome quote too!

kitten June 5, 2020 at 9:55 pm

What a quote. Definitely especially powerful right now. Beautiful photo too