MasturbationMondaySinful Sunday

Photography – #SinfulSunday 419 #MasturbationMonday

posted by LSB April 20, 2019 21 Comments

“Photography is the story I fail to put into words.”
— Destin Sparks

I make it no lie I struggle with words.

I had originally wanted to use a quote around the word camera for this image but while searching this one came up I just had to use it because I can relate to those 10 words so much. I love photography – I have done since I was very small and finally got to properly dip my toes in when I got my very first camera that my OH bought for my 22nd birthday. A bright pink (*shudders*) FinePix which I still have and I am pretty sure it still works…

I suffer hugely with imposter syndrome and as a result, I don’t take part in word focused memes – you’ll most likely find me attached to a camera and shouting about ones that are full of images and I guess that’s because I enjoy telling my story with an image.

Photography allows me to express who I am but gives me the option include words or not… This quote really has resonated me…

an image of my camera lying on my stomach with a peek of pubic hair poking out for my post titled photography

Click the lips to see who else might be sinning this week…

Sinful Sunday

You may also like

21 Comments

Molly April 20, 2019 at 10:24 pm

I can totally relate to this. I love words too but there is something about an image that just works for me over words.

Mollyx

KP April 20, 2019 at 11:34 pm

That is an excellent quote to remember! I love the abstraction of the image – and you suddenly realise what it is when you see the hair.

LSB April 21, 2019 at 11:23 am

Thank you! That’s exactly what I wanted folk to get from this x

silverdom April 21, 2019 at 7:37 am

Bright pink? Also shudders.

I can relate to your words so much. Also, this is a damned fine image.

LSB April 21, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Yip ! Not really sure what possessed him to get a pink pone – I would have preferred the lime green or blue one!

Modesty Ablaze April 21, 2019 at 11:19 am

I don’t know much about cameras . . . but I certainly enjoy looking at all the photos you take. And I love how you’ve combined the two here.
Lovely !!!

kisungura April 21, 2019 at 11:52 am

This is a beautiful image that expresses so much, without the need for words. I’d love to read your writing LSB, but I can also relate to imposter syndrome regarding it and know my comfort zone lies in image creation too xx

LSB April 21, 2019 at 12:31 pm

*Sends lots of hugs* <3

You honestly have no need to worry – your words are incredible as are your images, beautiful lady x

Victoria Blisse April 21, 2019 at 2:20 pm

And I am opposite (the joy of people!) in that I find it so much easier to work in words but images I find much, much harder.

May More April 21, 2019 at 3:01 pm

This image works brilliantly – a picture tells a thousand words – or something like that 😉 xx

Joanne Summers April 21, 2019 at 6:04 pm

What a wonderful picture, I love the fact that your eyes are drawn to the camera and then you get a “hold on a minute” moment when you see the hairs. I love it and I can so relate to imposter syndrome and words no coming easily. You hit this one on the head though, awesome job.

LSB April 21, 2019 at 6:10 pm

<3 Thanks Joanne xx

Littlegem April 21, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Beautiful image and works well with the quote.

Posy Churchgate April 21, 2019 at 8:37 pm

Clever – both the words you chose to use and the image, it definitely makes you take several guesses about what you’re seeing until you see the whole.

As we’ve discussed before, I can relate totally, but to the flip side.I trust my use of words but not the images I capture with a lens. You are an artist with your camera.

HappyComeLucky April 21, 2019 at 8:51 pm

I love this image. Your images are always soo good. I wish I had your eye.

Exposing40 April 21, 2019 at 9:19 pm

And what wonderful stories you tell!

missy April 21, 2019 at 9:49 pm

You tell great stories with your images and this one is no exception. I love it. missy x

Marie Rebelle April 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm

I absolutely love this post – the quote, the words, the image. I totally get it, that images are more your thing than words! And I personally really love your images!

Rebel xox

Floss April 23, 2019 at 8:14 am

This is why I (mostly) stopped using my own words alongside images, I wanted the photos and the supporting quote when I use one to tell the story instead of me explaining in my own words what the image is about. Often people find a different story to what I tried to express and that is always fascinating and I love hearing other interpretations, sometimes though someone sees exactly what I was trying to say and I bloody love that feeling. Great post LSB xx

twistedbubbles April 23, 2019 at 8:55 pm

I am a photographer as well and I love using the images to create the words around. My muse if you will. I can write such descriptions without the photo but sometimes the photo is helpful for the reader to see what I see when I write. I love this image, perfection.

Jaime Mortimer April 25, 2019 at 3:23 am

oh, that is very powerful, and very sexy!

Hot image!